Many of you will be aware that Dr Amin has had a period of absence from the practice.
We are writing to let you know that, sadly, Dr Admin has now told us that he has decided to leave St Luke’s.
I know many of you will be sorry to see him go as he has provided care and treatment to local communities for a long time. I am sure you will join us in wishing him the very best for his future.
At the same time, St Luke’s practice nurse has decided to relocate to another part of the country for family reasons. She is working reduced hours for St Luke’s in the short term and, again, we wish her our very best and extend our thanks for all the care she has provided over her time at the surgery.
This has left the surgery short-staffed. These are the actions that we are taking to ensure continuity of care for patients:
- We have secured the services of Dr Dickinson for the medium term. He will be at the practice 5 days a week and I hope that many of you have now got to know him. We will bring in additional locum support as and when it is needed.
- We are advertising for a replacement for Dr Amin – although this is made difficult by the current national shortage of GPs but our efforts continue.
- We are also exploring whether other skilled professionals could be part of a multi-disciplinary team at the practice; these include a clinical pharmacist and paramedic practitioner roles.
- We are also adverting for new nurses. Again, the national shortage of nursing staff is making this difficult but I am pleased to say that some cover will be available from the beginning of November and we hope to increase that cover in the coming weeks. That will enable us to start our Flu vaccination programme.
- We are very aware that our current limited nursing service is not up to the standard that you have come to expect over the years, with the delayed start to the flu vaccination programme an example of this. We sincerely apologise and ask you to bear with us while we continue to recruit to vacant positions at the surgery.
If you would like to express your thanks to Dr Amin, there will be a facility at reception to do this.
If you have any further questions, please contact BHCCG.StLukesSurgery@nhs.net
With best wishes,
St Luke’s Surgery